IUB accepts students in three regular semesters: Spring, Summer & Autumn. Students intending to enter IUB are required to appear for a qualifying exam. Tentative application deadlines are:
- Spring (Jan-April): End of December
- Summer (May-Aug): End of April
- Autumn (Sep-Dec): End of August
The students need to appear for a written Admission Test where their basic skills in Mathematics and English will be evaluated. In addition, students who wish to major in Biochemistry or Microbiology will need to take an extra 30-minute entrance examination in Biology.
SLS Offers the Following Degrees:
- B.Sc. in Biochemistry
- B.Sc. in Microbiology
- Combined GPA of 7.0 in S.S.C and H.S.C with minimum 3.5 in each
- O’Level in minimum 5 subjects with a GPA 2.50 and A’Level in 2 subjects with a minimum GPA 2.00
- International Baccalaureate or U. S. High School Diploma
- Other 12 year equivalent degrees must have the equal schema from the education board
- Students applying for Microbiology and Biochemistry must have Biology in their SSC or O-Level with at least B grade.
Please visit: http://www.iub.edu.bd/admissions/aid
Tuition Fees And Other Charges
|Application Fee||Tk, 1,000|
|Admissions Fee||Tk. 25,000 (once)|
|Library, Laboratory & Student Activities Fee||Tk. 6,000 (per semester for Existing Students)
Tk. 7,000 (per semester for Autumn’17 students and onwards)
|Tuition for Regular Students||Tk. 6,000 (per credit)|
|Fees for LFE 201 (for live-in-field experience)||Tk. 25,000 (once)|
*Female students may avail 10% discount on tuition fees ( conditions apply)
Admission Requirements of Master’s in Biotechnology & Bioinformatics
Admission Requirements: All students must fulfill the following criteria
Must have attained an undergraduate degree in the Life Sciences, Engineering, Pharmacy, or other relevant subject (biology, biochemistry, microbiology, biotechnology, botany, zoology, fisheries, agriculture, environmental science, biomedical technology, pathology, only) OR a degree from a Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) program OR a degree from a Doctor of Medicine (MD) program.
Must have attained a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale.